It’s almost time to elect new officers for the 2009-2010 schoolyear!
The Officer Election Petition is available for download. If you’re going to run for an officer position, you need to fill out a petition and return it to us!
Elections will be held in late March.
We’ll publish the Constitution online before elections. In the meantime, you can read about the officer positions here:
The PRESIDENT shall…
- set a schedule for RSDS events
- have final responsibility for the organization of events
- along with the Vice-Presidents, act as a liaison to the Rice Administration and the US-ABDA
- convene and preside over meetings of RSDS
- have the power to appoint committees and determine their membership
The VICE-PRESIDENT shall…
- along with the President, act as a liaison to the Rice Administration and the US-ABDA
- perform other duties as determined by the President
The TREASURER shall…
- keep up-to-date and accurate records of RSDS finances
- act as a liaison to the Rice Administration on matters concerning RSDS finances
- be responsible for developing a budget
- administer fund-raising activities
The SECRETARY shall…
- be responsible for maintaining membership records
- handle all other recordkeeping necessary for the operation of the RSDS
- be responsible for RSDS publicity
The EVENTS COORDINATOR shall…
- be responsible for organizing all events, such as practice dances, cotillions, competitions, milongas, and socials
- perform other duties as determined by the Presdient
- NOTE: We allow up to three (3) Events Coordinators, to serve the Ballroom, Swing, and Tango programs. However, all the events coordinators will be responsible for contributing cooperatively to support the entire RSDS community.
If you have any questions, talk to Michael or Emilia (rsds@).